The Peek-a-Bee House comes fully assembled, filled with natural lake reeds, and ready to hang using the key hole on the back. You can customize your house by choosing the colors of the roof and side doors (blue, yellow, or purple). Mix or match...it's up to you!
The Peek-a-Bee House includes two viewing windows where you can watch and learn about solitary bees. Each viewing window has four different-sized channels to entice a variety of solitary bees. You can open the door and watch the bees under the protective glass as they build their nests, gather food for their young, and lay their eggs.
- Select a location that faces southeast towards the morning sun (bees like to warm up before they fly).
- Hang your house on a sturdy post, wall, or other flat surface (make sure the house is tightly secured so it doesn’t wobble).
- Position the house at eye level, about 5-7 feet from the ground, so you can view the house.
- Place your house where it will get some wind protection.
- Avoid placing your bee house next to a bird house, since birds like to pull out the reeds.